- Downstream Oil Theft: Implications and Next Steps, The Atlantic Council, 2017
- Downstream Oil Theft: Global Modalities, Trends and Recommendations, The Atlantic Council, 2017.
Articles and Op-eds:
- David Soud & Johan Berganas, As Mexico Tries to Curb Illegal Fishing, Drug Cartels and Fishermen Push Back, World Politics Review, 22 Jan 2018.
- Ian Ralby, Examining Hybrid Maritime Threats, Cutting the Bow Wave – NATO CJOS, 2017.
- Ian Ralby, Cooperative Security to Counter Cooperative Criminals, DefenceIQ, 21 Mar 2017.
- David Soud, Fuel Theft Funds Terror, Handelsblatt Global, 1 Mar. 2017.
- Ian Ralby, From Sea Blindness to Wealth Blindness, Stimson Center’s National Security Forum, Feb. 2017.
- Ian Ralby, A Human Security Approach to Maritime Security in the Gulf of Guinea, Comparative Jurist, Aug. 2016.
- Ian Ralby, Accountability for Armed Contractors, Fletcher Security Review, 12 Jan. 2015.
- Ian Ralby, The Criminal Side of Ebola, Huffington Post, 5 Nov. 2014.
- Ian Ralby, Comprehensively Limited: NATO’s Disconnected Approach to Security, War on the Rocks, 30 Oct. 2014.
- Ian Ralby, Maritime Security and the ICoC, J. of Int’l Peace Ops, Vol. 7 No. 3, Nov.-Dec. 2011.
- Ian Ralby, Joint Criminal Enterprise Liability in the Iraqi High Tribunal, 28 B.U. INT’L L.J. 281 (2010).
- Ian Ralby, Prosecuting Cultural Property Crimes in Iraq, 37 GEO. J. INT’L L. 165 (2005).
- Ian Ralby, What Went Wrong in Regulating Private Maritime Security in forthcoming book by NATO COE CSW, 2018.
- Ian Ralby, Approaches to Piracy, Armed Robbery at Sea, and Other Maritime Crime in West and Central Africa, in Militarised Responses to Transnational Organised Crime: The War on Crime, Chapter 8, Palgrave Macmillam: 2017.
- Ian Ralby, The Montreux Document: The Legal Significance of a Non-Legal Instrument, in Civilians at War: Controlling Private Military and Security Contractors, Chapter 10, Rowman & Littlefield: 2016.
- Ian Ralby, Private Military Companies and the Ius ad Bellum, in The Oxford Handbook of The Use of Force in International Law, Chapter 53, Oxford University Press: 2015.
- Chairman & Speaker, Oil & Fuel Theft, UK Security Expo’s Maritime & Transport Security Conference, London, UK, Nov. 2017.
- Securing the Blue Economy in Africa, ACSS, Washington, DC, Oct. 2017.
- Fuel Theft and Our Unconscious Complicity, American Chamber of Commerce and OSAC, Warsaw, Poland, June 2017.
- Downstream Oil Theft: Fueling Instability in Africa, AFSEC17 Maritime Security Summit, Casablanca, Morocco, May 2017.
- Testimony before the House Committee on Ways and Means of the Republic of the Philippines, House of Representatives, Manila, Philippines, May 2017.
- Enough With the Threats: Moving Forward on Maritime Security in Africa, Africa Center for Strategic Studies, Washington, DC, May 2017.
- Launch Events for Downstream Oil Theft: Implications and Next Steps, IISS (London), Atlantic Council/Human Security Center/Institute of Commonwealth Studies (London), Atlantic Council/Human Security Center (Brussels), Atlantic Council/Human Security Center (Paris), Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime (Geneva), Atlantic Council (Washington, DC), Atlantic Council/Petroleum Club (Houston, TX).
- Countering Hybrid Maritime Aggression, NATO COE CSW, Kiel, Germany, Mar. 2017.
- Launch Event for Downstream Oil Theft: Global Modalities, Trends, and Remedies, Atlantic Council, Abu Dhabi, UAE, Jan. 2017.
- Practical Matters in Maritime Law and Security, Indian Ocean Commission, Antananarivo, Madagascar, Dec. 2016.
- Securing the Blue Economy, Wilton Park Conference on the Blue, Green and Digital Economy in Small States, Tortola, BVI, Nov. 2016.
- Options for Implementing Individually Tailored Roadmaps, NATO Strategic Military Partnerships Conference, Bucharest, Romania, Oct. 2016.
- Human Rights in Maritime Security: State Action v. Private Action, NATO COE CSW 4th Conference on Operational Maritime Law, Turku, Finland, Oct. 2016.
- Africa’s Maritime Security: Threats on the Horizon, Africa Center for Strategic Studies, Washington, DC, June 2016.
- The Emerging Maritime Security Architecture, Nigerian Navy’s Diamond Jubilee, Nigeria, May 2016.
- Contemporary Maritime Security Challenges, Africa Center for Strategic Studies, Washington, DC, May 2016.
- Combating Illicit Trafficking, Near East South Asia Center, Washington, DC, Mar. 2016.
- Elements of Maritime Strategy: Development, ACSS, Ghana, Mar. 2016.
- Chairman and Speaker, Overcoming Maritime Security Challenges in Africa, AFSEC 15, Morocco, Dec. 2015.
- Maritime Law Disputes on the Horizon, NATO COE CSW, Operational Maritime Law, Portugal, Sept. 2015.
- Henry Clay’s Legacy of Statesmanship, Norfolk Historical Society, Virginia, Sept. 2015.
- The Strategic Significance of the Bosnian Maritime Domain, NATO Defence College, Montenegro, Sept. 2015.
- The Future of Private Security Regulation, EWDSC, Bulgaria, Apr. 2015.
- Regulating Private Security in the Caribbean, CABSEC 15, Bahamas, Mar. 2015.